On the 12th month of tapering my true love gave to me…ME!
And when I say true love, I mean me because
- I’m a Taurus and
- If I don’t love and believe in myself and make the changes that I need then no-one else will do that for me or treat me the way I want to feel!
I have been tapering off my antidepressants for the last 12 months (you can find out by why I am doing that here and here.) so I thought I would share twelve things I’ve noticed in the 12 months of tapering.
- My dreams aren’t so vivid and frightening. Don’t get me wrong, my dreams are still crazy and I wake up remembering the craziness of them like they were a movie. I don’t however wake up feeling disturbed by them anymore. My dreams are still weird but just not so exhausting.
- I don’t wake up in the middle of the night in a pile of sweat as often.
- Although I sleep better, the fatigue while tapering is undeniable. Especially on the days after a cut. The body really needs to have time to adjust to not getting that hit of drug.
- I am pooing less! As I go down in mcg of the Antidepressant, the amount of times I have to run to the toilet lessens too.
- Supplements help the process of tapering easier.
- The lower the doses of Zoloft, the smaller the cuts need to be.
- When I’m sad or tired or agitated, it’s OK to go with those feelings. It doesn’t mean I’m falling into a deep dark hole. It means I am processing ALL the feelings that a human has and these feeling will pass.
- The Antidepressants have been covering up all my physical ailments.
- My so called ‘mental health’ issues are not all my issues. It is not all about me being unable to cope’. Usually, I would take it all on that it is me being the one that needs to change but sometimes it is about my external environment and the situations that surround me.
- My nervous system needs a lot more care (i.e. home, quiet times, times by myself, sleep) to let it reset.
- If I drink and eat terribly, I feel terrible.
- I am becoming more confident in my own soul. That means I am beginning to realise what I want and what I need to nurture my soul.